Membership in the JGSCV is open to anyone supporting its objectives, and upon payment of appropriate dues. Download a membership application (new members & renewals) here.
- 11 monthly meetings featuring expert speakers, tutorials and discussions with members sharing materials, research, methods and ideas, as well as research success and failures.
- Members-only assisted research afternoon at the Los Angeles Family History Library
- Once a month you may ask the new member education coordinator -- one of THE most knowledgeable Jewish genealogists in the world -- one question on how best for you to do your research. He will not do your research but he will certainly give you suggestions to help you in your genealogy.
- Borrowing a book from our traveling library to do a book report at a program meeting. (Not all books are eligible for borrowing).
- Borrowing from our growing library of videos and CDs including our series of How to Begin Your Genealogy.
- New member kit with resource lists on websites, suggested books and local resources, and information on genealogy programs
- Subscription to Venturing Into Our Past our monthly electronic newsletter with meeting notices, genealogical hints and items of interest
- Opportunity to network with other people interested in Jewish genealogy
- Information exchange with others who are researching families from the same towns as your ancestors
- Guidance from local experts to help you with your research
- Access to the JGSCV library located on a special shelf at the Agoura Hills Public Library.